Motiva’s outpatient counseling staff and consultants include experienced and friendly professionals, psychologists, psychiatrists and marriage and family therapists.
Motiva’s outpatient counseling staff and consultants include experienced and friendly professionals, psychologists, psychiatrists and marriage and family therapists dedicated to helping families, couples, children, adolescents and adults achieve fulfilling and productive lives. We treat each individual with respect and aim to honor their trust and confidence.
We view our clients in the contexts of family, community and culture. Our services are family-centered and goal-oriented, and our approach uses common sense, practical and effective interventions.
At Motiva, we have the clinical expertise in serving families with diverse needs:
- Marriage, family and parenting issues
- Behavior problems of childhood and adolescence
- ADHD Assessment and treatment services
- Cultural issues
- Psychosocial evaluations for immigration
- Self esteem and personal growth
- Grief and loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Trauma and victims of crime
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse
- Problem gambling
- Chronic mental illness
- Psychiatry and medication management
Our services are provided in individual, couple, family and group modalities. We offer both day and evening appointments. Sessions are available in both Spanish and English. We also speak Farsi (Persian).
Problem Gambling Treatment
- Free for problem gamblers and their affected others
- Staff trained by the State of California to treat problem gambling
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
As you may know, parenting a child with ADHD is extremely challenging and often a source of frustration and stress for the entire family. Motiva offers the following types of services for ADHD:
Our team is trained to use the latest best practices and standards of care guidelines in the diagnostic process.
In addition, we will provide the client and treating practitioners and/or the school a summary of the results in order to facilitate the appropriate treatment and follow-up services.
- Classes for Parents of Children with ADHD
Motiva offers small group classes (10-person max) throughout the year in Chula Vista and San Marcos. These services are free for Community Health Group Medi-Cal members. We also offer these services on a private pay basis.
For more information about our groups or Motiva’s ADHD evaluation and treatment services please contact us at (619) 691-1880 ext 201.
- Treatment Intervention
-Individual and Family Therapy
- Medication Evaluations and Monitoring
- Services for children, adolescents and adults
- Our doctors speak English, Spanish and Russian
Help with Qualifying for Victims of Crime Services
At Motiva Associates, we utilize a team approach to ensure quality care on all levels for our clients. Our friendly and competent office staff is available to assist clients in meeting a variety of their needs:
- Assistance in completing and submitting VOC applications