Motiva Associates has been providing behavior and mental health services for more than 20 years with locations in Chula Vista, San Marcos, San Diego, El Cajon and El Centro (Imperial County).
Motiva Associates has been dedicated to serving the San Diego area and Imperial Valley community for more than 20 years. It is our mission to provide quality and comprehensive family services to the multicultural communities in our area.
We pride ourselves in our ability to serve the monolingual Spanish speaking community. Our clinicians are bilingual and experienced in providing services that are culturally competent.
Our Mission Statement
To develop and operate programs that promote positive functioning of individuals, families, and organizations through a process that is sensitive, effective, ethical, and cost effective.
Motiva Associates began as a partnership in 1996. The proprietors were interested in using their knowledge and experience as clinicians and administrators to develop a behavioral health organization that would provide services to the community while allowing for the expression and manifestation of the organizers’ creativity.
As the proprietors were bilingual and bicultural, an emphasis was placed in providing services to the Latino community. In November 2000, Motiva associates incorporated in the State of California and became Motiva Family Therapists and Behavioral Services, Inc., a marriage and family therapy corporation, while continuing to use “Motiva Associates” as the name we use for business purposes.
Why Choose Motiva?
- We love what we do
- 21 years of experience
- We speak Spanish and have bicultural therapists
- Our office staff is warm and friendly
- Evening appointments are available
- Our therapists are trained in methods shown to help people (evidence based treatments)
- Insurance and third party payors accepted
- Affordable fees
Issues We Can Help With
- Health management issues such as overeating and diabetes
- Cultural adjustment
- ABA services for individuals with Autism
- Separation, divorce, shared custody and co-parenting
- Self esteem and personal growth
- Marriage, family and parenting issues
- Behavior problems of childhood and adolescence
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Trauma and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Child abuse
- Domestic violence